Following on from our sponsored walk, Akilah Akinola, the chief executive of Outreach and I, were invited on to BBC Radio Manchester to talk about the work Outreach does. You can listen here ...
Last night on 27th October 2011, at the AGM at Maccabi North Manchester, I was voted onto the Management Committee of Outreach, Community and Residential Services
In his Chairman’s report, Dr. Peter Elton, Director of Public Health for NHS Bury said ‘I am delighted that Outreach has been able to continue to improve the support we give to our service users whilst remaining in financial balance. It is the quality of our services that has made Outreach attractive to the Local Authorities as they have placed more residents with us.’
I hope to bring my expertise in property to the organization. ‘This is an amazing opportunity to give me an insight into housing provision for people with learning disability long term mental health needs, and help raise the bar in the future’
David Raynes, my brother and Outreach Service User, said ‘I am really really proud of my big sister that she is getting involved. Really proud and happy’
At the AGM we also heard from John Boyington CBE, Managing Director NE Manchester (Incorporating NHS Bury, NHS Heywood, Middleton & Rochdale and NHS Oldham)
Outreach is a voluntary organization that is registered with the Charity Commission. We were established in 1977 after parents/carers identified that there was a need.
We provide indiviualised Residential and Community services for Jewish and non-Jewish adults with learning disabilities and/or long term mental health needs.
Outreach have a Domiciliary registered Community Support Team and elen Residential Services within Prestwich and outlying areas, which encourages ordinary living and community involvement with mainstream community.
People within Outreach’s care are encouraged to develop independent living skills (according to their ability) and receive support from our staff to facilitate this.
For more information contact Chief Executive Akilah Akinola http://www.outreach.co.uk/
Or to donate, visit http://www.justgiving.com/outreachcommunity
Founder Manchester Curious, RIBA National Council Member, Forward Ladies award winner, Sister of David Raynes Outreach Service User, Past Chairman of Women in Property
- Workshop from £300
Using an Architect
- Find out the potential of a house before you commit to buy
- What does an architect do?
- Inside the mind of an architect
- How much will it cost?
- Why Use an Architect?
- How long will it take?
- Architects are Signposts
- Do I need Planning Permission?
- Community Infrastructure Levy >
- What next?
- What our clients say
- FAQ for Architects >
- About us
- Housing >
- Student >
- Socially Motivated >
- Heritage Lottery Funded: Lapwing Lane Canopy
- Commercial >
- Leisure and Sports >
- Religious >
- Homes >
MiniGuide to the North West
- Greater Manchester >
- Liverpool >
- Lancashire >
- MiniGuide to Holiday Destinations >
- MiniGuide to the North West >
Press and Awards
- Awards >
- Radio >
- TV >
- Video >
- MEN 18th feb 2015
- Selfbuilder and homemaker
- Lift Off: 14 July 14
- Jewish Telegraph 11th April 2014
- Mancunian Matters: Campaign to save Lapwing Lane Arcade
- Jewish Telegraph 22nd November 2013
- Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce
- Architects Journal: the Women Issue
- Jewish Telegraph 8 February 2013
- The Accountancy People: Jan 2013
- Place North West: What to expect in 2013
- The Place North West: SPG Guide to Practice
- Jewish Telegraph 16 Dec, 2011
- Jewish Telegraph 18 Nov, 2011
- The Times Bricks and Mortar: from bedsit grunge to a great family home
- Flixton Cricket Club appoints Raynes
- The Place North West: International Womens Day 2011 Survey
- Manchester Evening News: Lisa is the Ace of Space
- The Place North West
- Independent: Queens of Construction
- Manchester Confidential: Where are all the Women?
- Events >
- £50 John Lewis voucher