Here are a few tips to consider when planning your holiday wardrobe:
- Work around a couple of your best neutrals for the main items ie skirts, trousers, jackets and shoes. Remember you are packing for the summer so even if you can do the very dark neutrals, you may want to keep these items lighter in colour.
- It is easier to match plain coloured clothing than patterns or prints. However, there are loads of patterns out there in the shops at the moment so you may have more pattern than usual. However, if you just take patterns for the top and plains for below the waist or vice versa, you will find it easier to combine lots of fantastic outfits. If you want to follow the trend of clashing patterns, mix them to your hearts content.
- Accessories really do make a huge difference to your look and you can certainly ring the changes with a change of a necklace or a bracelet. Colourful pashminas/scarves can have multiple uses ie a cover up, an extra layer, a blouse or jacket (come to one of our scarf evenings if you would like to know how!) Costume jewellery doesn’t have to cost the earth so buy some new pieces to really update your look to ensure you are looking ‘current’.
- Shoes can take up so much space. Cut down on the number you take by ensuring that the sandals work for both day and night outfits. Take one pair of evening shoes. Put your shoes in plastic bags and position around the edge of your case with the soles flush to the sides.
- Rolling clothes reduces creases and space. Place a t-shirt on a hanger, add a 2nd t-shirt over it and pull the sleeves of the 1st t-shirt through. Repeat with more t-shirts. Remove the hanger and then roll up the t-shirts. Try the same technique with other items too.
- When unpacking, place your clothes on coat hangers in the bathroom. Allow the steam from a hot shower to minimise any creases. You will need to have perseverance. When the item is damp, give it a couple of sharp shakes and pull into shape. Or invest in a travel iron; this will give the garment a few extra wears before it will need laundering.
- Remember to take a small container with washing detergent just in case you need to rinse anything through.