Here at Primecover Insurance, we are Insurance brokers who specialise in Property insurance, for us, this time of year is particularly synonymous with weather & theft claims. With Christmas fast approaching, most people are focussing on the holidays, buying presents and generally looking forward to spending time with their families. Some people may even be thinking about going away for the festive period, and with that comes lots of preparation and thought. However, how many of them will be thinking about their property over the holidays? What about the Insurance? Probably not many…
Even if you are just going away for the night, you should always think about how you are leaving your home. Here are some things to think about -
• That your property is secure, so therefore making sure all locks are secure, and all windows and doors are locked before you leave.
• Maybe think about putting your lights on a timer, so that the property looks occupied during the evening.
• What about Christmas presents? Will you take them all with you, or will some still be left under the tree? If so, are they visible to people if they looked into your property?
• Make sure all valuables and Christmas presents are well hidden out of view, you don’t want anyone to be disappointed on Christmas morning!
The second thing to think about is how cold it can get at this time of year, and this can affect your property in numerous ways. In particular, the number of Insurance claims for burst pipes is on the rise, especially in unoccupied properties. Here are a few tips from Insurers as to how to remedy this issue –
• You should always ensure your property is well maintained and make sure that all your pipes are well lagged.
• Keep your loft well insulated.
• Visit unoccupied properties regularly, as damage can be extensive if left for a long period of time.
• It can help to turn the water off completely or keep your heating on a minimum temperature with a timer.
Obviously with all of the above, it pays to know you have the correct insurance cover in place, as these things can sometimes be overlooked. Primecover can help guide you in these instances, ensuring you have the correct cover for your needs. You can call us on 01204 387501 or visit our website www.primecover.co.uk. Our qualified members of staff are always on hand to help and give advice on any policies you may need.
With Primecover looking after your Insurance, you can ensure you really do have the happiest of Holidays!