I was invited on BBC Radio Manchester with Basil Herwald 7pm on Monday 9th January 2012 to talk about May the Best House Win and Outreach. If you missed Monday's show, you can listen to my guest appearance here.
Last Wednesday was the highlight of my social calendar, the Women in Property Christmas Cocktails. Held at the glamourous Epernay Champagne Bar in Manchester it was kindly organised by Sarah Atta, Lexington Communications, and sponsored by First Title. I was delighted to simply attend, rather than organise or even speak. If you were there you might have noticed this little piece in the newsletter...
Long standing WiP committee member and former branch Chairman, Lisa Raynes (pictured above) has stood down from her role within the committee. A branch member for six years and committee member for four years, Lisa has been instrumental in raising the branch’s profile and securing the memorable Beetham Tower event in 2010. Architect Lisa is leaving to concentrate on her new practice, Raynes Architecture which specialises in residential and commercial work.
Branch Chairman Claire Beaumont said: ‘Lisa has been a wonderful asset to the committee and we are genuinely sad that she is stepping down. However we wish her luck with her new venture.’
If you would like to get involved with the branch and join the committee contact branch Chairman Claire Beaumont.
Thank you Claire. I still hope to see you at many future events as an attendee.
Founder Manchester Curious, RIBA National Council Member, Forward Ladies award winner, Sister of David Raynes Outreach Service User, Past Chairman of Women in Property
- Workshop from £300
Using an Architect
- Find out the potential of a house before you commit to buy
- What does an architect do?
- Inside the mind of an architect
- How much will it cost?
- Why Use an Architect?
- How long will it take?
- Architects are Signposts
- Do I need Planning Permission?
- Community Infrastructure Levy >
- What next?
- What our clients say
- FAQ for Architects >
- About us
- Housing >
- Student >
- Socially Motivated >
- Heritage Lottery Funded: Lapwing Lane Canopy
- Commercial >
- Leisure and Sports >
- Religious >
- Homes >
MiniGuide to the North West
- Greater Manchester >
- Liverpool >
- Lancashire >
- MiniGuide to Holiday Destinations >
- MiniGuide to the North West >
Press and Awards
- Awards >
- Radio >
- TV >
- Video >
- MEN 18th feb 2015
- Selfbuilder and homemaker
- Lift Off: 14 July 14
- Jewish Telegraph 11th April 2014
- Mancunian Matters: Campaign to save Lapwing Lane Arcade
- Jewish Telegraph 22nd November 2013
- Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce
- Architects Journal: the Women Issue
- Jewish Telegraph 8 February 2013
- The Accountancy People: Jan 2013
- Place North West: What to expect in 2013
- The Place North West: SPG Guide to Practice
- Jewish Telegraph 16 Dec, 2011
- Jewish Telegraph 18 Nov, 2011
- The Times Bricks and Mortar: from bedsit grunge to a great family home
- Flixton Cricket Club appoints Raynes
- The Place North West: International Womens Day 2011 Survey
- Manchester Evening News: Lisa is the Ace of Space
- The Place North West
- Independent: Queens of Construction
- Manchester Confidential: Where are all the Women?
- Events >
- £50 John Lewis voucher