We were invited by Chorlton's Tagpassiton to knit a panel for the Chorlton Green Festival. It will go on display on 30th March 2012. We had great fun designing it. Sarah got out her needles to knit it and Lisa rescued some old trousers to sew on the patches and Eleanor just came along for the ride!
I've taken my first tentative steps into you tube. Starting with a MiniGuide to Chorlton, the idea is to provide a reference for people relocating Up North!
You can watch my first video here...
Keep an eye on the MiniGuide part of my website for new areas http://www.raynesarchitecture.co.uk/miniguides.html
Chanukah/Christmas is coming and I'm starting to feel reflective. It's been a roller coaster of a year. I set up in October 2010 and incorporated in February 2011, and took on my first employee this summer and became a 'we'.
We have won several commissions, mainly residential including one new build house and one cricket club. The locations have ranged from Whalley Range, Didsbury, Sale, Wilmslow, Bollington, Flixton, Chorlton, Hale and Hale Barns. We supported the Shelter Architect in the House scheme. We have gained three planning permissions, one job is about to start on site and one job has gone out to tender.
Personally, I've been through a NWDA group mentoring programme, met Cherie Blair, organised a treasure hunt for the RIBA NW architecture festival, stepped down from the Women in Property committee and have joined the management board at Outreach.
Raynes Architecture has featured in the press in the Times, the Jewish Telegraph, the Insider, the MEN, the Urmston and Stretford Advertiser, the Place North West, Manchester Confidential and Cheshire Life.
To end the year we won our second job in Hale and I have my first TV appearance-my 15 minutes of fame as per Andy Warhol-on 23 December in ITVs May the Best House Win.
Not bad going really, I'm exhausted just writing this!
Founder Manchester Curious, RIBA National Council Member, Forward Ladies award winner, Sister of David Raynes Outreach Service User, Past Chairman of Women in Property
- Workshop from £300
Using an Architect
- Find out the potential of a house before you commit to buy
- What does an architect do?
- Inside the mind of an architect
- How much will it cost?
- Why Use an Architect?
- How long will it take?
- Architects are Signposts
- Do I need Planning Permission?
- Community Infrastructure Levy >
- What next?
- What our clients say
- FAQ for Architects >
- About us
- Housing >
- Student >
- Socially Motivated >
- Heritage Lottery Funded: Lapwing Lane Canopy
- Commercial >
- Leisure and Sports >
- Religious >
- Homes >
MiniGuide to the North West
- Greater Manchester >
- Liverpool >
- Lancashire >
- MiniGuide to Holiday Destinations >
- MiniGuide to the North West >
Press and Awards
- Awards >
- Radio >
- TV >
- Video >
- MEN 18th feb 2015
- Selfbuilder and homemaker
- Lift Off: 14 July 14
- Jewish Telegraph 11th April 2014
- Mancunian Matters: Campaign to save Lapwing Lane Arcade
- Jewish Telegraph 22nd November 2013
- Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce
- Architects Journal: the Women Issue
- Jewish Telegraph 8 February 2013
- The Accountancy People: Jan 2013
- Place North West: What to expect in 2013
- The Place North West: SPG Guide to Practice
- Jewish Telegraph 16 Dec, 2011
- Jewish Telegraph 18 Nov, 2011
- The Times Bricks and Mortar: from bedsit grunge to a great family home
- Flixton Cricket Club appoints Raynes
- The Place North West: International Womens Day 2011 Survey
- Manchester Evening News: Lisa is the Ace of Space
- The Place North West
- Independent: Queens of Construction
- Manchester Confidential: Where are all the Women?
- Events >
- £50 John Lewis voucher